What is my metabolism? Do I have one? Is it working?
These are such common questions; so let me paint a picture for you:
- EVERYONE has one.
- Let us say your metabolism is like a campfire inside of your body.
- If you put too much wood (food) on the fire (in your system) at once – you will snuff it out (wont be able to burn what you eat)
- If you don’t put any wood (food) on the fire (in your system) the fire will go out (lazy metabolism)
- If you put wet wood (junk/processed food) on the fire it wont burn hot and may go out (slows the metabolism down and stores fat)
- If you put dry wood (clean foods) on a fire it will burn HOT (metabolism burns fast)
- Better yet, if you continue to “stoke the fire” and put dry wood (clean foods) on it continually through out the day, it will burn HOTTER AND FASTER. (Builds your metabolism)
So now what you ask?
Know what you eat. Keep it clean; if you can’t pronounce the ingredient, there is a good chance that you shouldn’t be eating it.
Eat frequently and don’t starve yourself. Plan ahead, prepare your meals and stick to your plan! Use this helpful macro calculator to get you started. Fill your body with the good stuff! This is key for losing weight and putting on lean muscle mass.
For Meal Prep help feel free to contact us!